Who doesn’t love Shrove Tuesday? A day to eat pancakes all day long, & more importantly it commemorates the start of the lent season. Every year I like to give up something for lent, so enjoying a nice amount of pancakes the day before is definitely a must! Usually, I tend to do the whole breakfast for dinner thing, but this year I decided I wanted to enjoy them in the morning. Mini versions of anything are almost always better (sometimes faster to make), & as a bonus you can eat way more of them throughout the day! So, these mini stacks were a must this year.
You can use a box mix or make a healthier version for the pancakes themselves. If I’m making pancakes from scratch, I prefer to use coconut flour instead of wheat flour. Also, ensure your are using a small scoop, and evening out the mix on your heated pan to create small round circles. Don’t worry if they aren’t perfect, after all I don’t think they will last long on the plate! To make these cute mini stacks, simply stack them together, and use a wooden skewer to hold everything. I added strawberry jam, and a cut strawberry on top, with a light dusting of icing sugar. Of course you can garnish these however you’d like!
Prep time: 5 mins – Cook time: 1-2 mins / side – Makes: 15-20 Mini (depending on your size)
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 3 -4 Eggs (start with 3, if you find the mix runny add one more to thicken)
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- Coconut Spray (when frying)
Let’s Get Started
- Combine the eggs, vanilla extract, honey, until everything is mixed together.
- Add the milk into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut flower, and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture into the egg mix. Don’t over stir the mixture.
- Heat up your pan and fry your pancakes like you normally would. Making sure to flip when the pancake starts bubbling int the centre, and looks cooked on the sides.