Valentine’s Day was a couple of days ago, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still be in a lovey mood.. I love little energy bites, so I thought why not change them into heart shaped bites (bonus they are a little bigger this way too)! I mean, you could keep them boring and roll them into a ball, but the hearts are so cute, and add a little extra something! I actually made these for Valentine’s Day as an alternative to chocolates and candy! I love these bites, because they pack so many delicious flavours, and are filled with a number of things that are good for you. Also, these little love bites involve no baking at all, so trust me you’ll be snacking on little scraps while making it. The first time I made these I had to alter the original recipe (because I had different ingredients on hand) and boy was I happy I did, because in my opinion they turned out better than I expected. For example, I used whole flax seed instead of ground, & opted to use a natural crunchy peanut butter (Both of these add a nice crunch to the bites). Now if you don’t like crunchy peanut butter, this may not be for you, because I honestly think this makes the whole recipe, it’s like adding extra peanuts in there… so good. One batch can last up to a week refrigerated, making them perfect to grab in the morning on your way out the door! Of course, I’ve been snacking on them all day long. Oh and did I mention, this is probably the easiest recipe to follow! So give it a try, or let me know if you have your own “energy bites” recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins – Fridge time: 45 mins – 1 hr – Makes: 10 Love Bites
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- 1/4 cup of Whole Flax Seed
- 1/2 cu of Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter *Use a no nut butter if allergies
- 1/3 cup of Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Handful of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Lets gets started:
- In a medium size bowl combine all your ingredients.
- Mix around with a spoon, or use your hands.
- Cover and place it in the refrigerator for 45 mins to an hour.
- Form little heart shapes with the mixture. If you find it to be too sticky, spray some coconut oil on your fingers so it’s easier to work with.
- Enjoy right away, or place in the refrigerator to have later.