Today is #BellLetsTalk day, which was started in 2010 to talk about Canada’s mental health, and raise awareness to the growing number of people suffering with it. Too many times we ignore how we are feeling, because there is a sigma around mental health, and brush it off as nothing, or worse don’t allow someone to help. As fellow Canadian’s it is our job to raise awareness, and help those that are in need, with no judgment. If we are the ones suffering, we must speak up, and ask for help, from family, friends and even coworkers. I thought this would be the perfect time to talk about self love, because at times it’s hard to do. When you don’t see yourself at your best, believing in yourself when you’re knocked down, or worse when you have negative thoughts about life. Honour, and respect yourself, be the best that you can be, one day at a time.
Today I want to share 10 different ideas you can do to help your mental state & give yourself the love you need everyday.
- Go for a long walk, with your friends, your pet, or even alone, clear your mind and breath in the fresh air.
- Plan a coffee date with one of your friends, so you can see a friendly face & catch up or share how you are feeling.
- Work out (alone or with a friend), channeling all your energy into something physical is good for your body mind and soul.
- Journal your happy thoughts, or write down positive things that happened throughout the day. Go to these positive thoughts when you’re down to lift your spirit.
- Create a playlist of your favourite songs to play as you take nice relaxing bubble bath. Soak in the tunes and the bubbles.
- Write yourself a love letter, detailing every reason why you’re happy with yourself, & especially what you love about yourself.
- Call someone you love. I used to always call my Dad on my way to work, and now days my Mum on my way home.
- Do one thing you’ve been putting off, like going on an adventure, taking a course at school, or even starting a blog! Focus your energy into something that will benefit you and your happiness.
- Make one of your favourite meals, to have alone or invite a friend over!
- Light a candle – recently I bought this Happiness candle, that almost always makes me smile when I look at it. Positive vibes!
I hope that these few ideas give you more reason to show yourself some love. If you ever feel alone, don’t feel ashamed, reach out to a friend or family member, there is always someone that is there to listen.