These yummy bites are my favourite to make – not only because you can throw anything into them, but also because they take little to no time to make.
Before we start, let me tell you the actual name for these cute little bites.
Quich-oa pronounced Quiche – wa
My fiancé and I came up with the name after making them the first time. We saw this name fit, because they look like mini quiches, but are quinoa based!
As I said before, these little bites take little time to prep and make. I usually make them when I have leftover quinoa and a pepper hanging around, but you can add any vegetable you like. I enjoy making these the night before, so I have some quick breakfast the next morning. They also make a good midday snack, or as a side for dinner. Quinoa has so many benefits, and takes the taste of whatever its mixed with, making these delicious and filling.
Prep time: 10 mins – Cook time: 20 mins – Makes 12 bites
- 2 1/2 to 3 Cups of Quinoa
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 of a Bell Pepper (chopped in small cubes)
- 3 Eggs
- Meat ie. Ham, Salami, etc – optional (cut in small cubes)
- Hot Sauce / Pepper Salt to top
- (Pam Cooking Spray / Muffin Tray)
Lets get started:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add your quinoa.
- Add about 3/4 of cheese (make sure you save some to top with).
- Combine the peppers and meat (I used salami for these).
- Crack your eggs into the mixture and stir everything together, making sure that everything is wet and well coated.
- Spray your muffin tray with a nice coat of cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mix into each section and top with a little more cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Let them cool, remove, top with pepper / hot sauce and enjoy!