After I bought my camera, I searched everywhere for the perfect camera strap. I found myself running into 2 problems, either over priced or boring and black. I stumbled upon some cute cord at Michales and thought I’d create my own. Just a few simple supplies and best of all no sewing involved.
- Measure the length of the cord to fit comfortably around your neck. Add a few extra inches to each side, because you will be folding the ends of the strap into the swivel hook.
- Braid the cords if they are thinner to make the strap thick, or wrap the cords around each other. Once you get your desired look, seal the ends with fabric glue.
- Take one end of the strap and loop it from under into the swivel hook to create a fold about two inches up.
- Seal the fold with more fabric glue.
- Use extra cord to wrap around the fold, to create more durability. (Plus it’s much more stylish).
- Clip to your camera and enjoy! (If you have a camera like mine with small slots on the sides, use the baby hooks to clip it to your camera first).
A double braided strap and a thicker cord with two other cords braided around. The possibilities are endless!
Hope you give these a try! Happy DIYing!